T.H.O.R. is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to developing and maintaining sustainable off-road recreational trails in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa, through partnerships with local land managers and trail users, by providing expertise, manpower and resources.
Check out the site and join up!
Great Plains Trail Network
· Securing funding from public and private sources
· Working cooperatively with governmental agencies
· Lobbying for favorable legislation
· Providing opportunities for persons to learn more about trails, their value and appropriate use
GPTN's Goals for the Future:
· Supporting a Master Plan for trails in Lincoln & Lancaster County
· Acquiring links to connect existing local trails
· Planning for external trail connections with Omaha and the coast-to-coast American Discovery Trail
· Monitoring of trail use
· Working with governmental agencies to improve trail safety and utilization
Check out their site and join today!
Nebraska Game and Parks Interactive Map
Use this interactive map to find places to ride, hike, and recreate.
Nebraska DEVO is a skills-based developmental mountain biking program for kids ages 5 and up. Nebraska "DEVO" (short for development) has two locations in Omaha, two in Lincoln, and one in Norfolk. The program meets weekly on Monday evenings. The season begins the first Monday in June for eight weeks (sessions). Check out more info at nebraskadevo.org