T.H.O.R. is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to developing and maintaining sustainable off-road recreational trails in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa, through partnerships with local land managers and trail users, by providing expertise, manpower and resources.
Check out the site and join up!
Lincoln's Bicycle Trail Network
Great Plains Trail Network
· Securing funding from public and private sources
· Working cooperatively with governmental agencies
· Lobbying for favorable legislation
· Providing opportunities for persons to learn more about trails, their value and appropriate use
GPTN's Goals for the Future:
· Supporting a Master Plan for trails in Lincoln & Lancaster County
· Acquiring links to connect existing local trails
· Planning for external trail connections with Omaha and the coast-to-coast American Discovery Trail
· Monitoring of trail use
· Working with governmental agencies to improve trail safety and utilization
Check out their site and join today!
Nebraska Game and Parks Interactive Map
Use this interactive map to find places to ride, hike, and recreate.
Tour de Nebraska
Tour de Nebraska is a fully sagged 5-day annual bicycle tour of beautiful rural Nebraska. Founded in 1988, TDN provikes a fun way for cyclist to wxperience the beauty and friendliness of rural Nebraska. People of all ages from nearly every part of the world have ridden TDN, and call it the most memorable adcenture of their lives!